Tuesday 16 November 2010

Frost and Fog

The village is swathed in fog this morning and Jack Frost is also nipping hard. The place is deserted apart from myself and a couple from Melbourne, Australia who are frustrated at the lack of unmurky photo opportunities. Being an early riser I have noticed on frosty mornings that it is relatively warm first thing in the day and that it only becomes really cold when the sun rises. This seems a bit of a paradox, but I'm sure that there is a rational explanation.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Richard,

    I'm usually up quite early (about 5am), but not quite as early as yourself.

    We had some fog and general murk yesterday, but today dawned bright and sunny and very, very frosty.

    The conditions here in Somerset would have been ideal for your Australian couple to get some great early morning shots.

    Bibury is such a great place for photo opportunities, that I should think they were gutted, if it was their one and only chance to get pictures

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were! What's worse is that I promised them it would clear up by lunchtime! Somerset is a great place too - I love the Quantocks.

    ReplyDelete